Saturday, February 26, 2011

Getting there!

Finally completed a couple of AF3+1 bodies, thanks to TBH again.

This week I had joined a couple of pickup groups to work on body seals for PLD and DRG. I managed to get 6 seals total for my PLD and 9 seals for DRG, which I thought was pretty good. It's not to often though that I'm in Jeuno to see the shouts, or that I can even get in on a shout that won't have more than one lotter on the seals that I want. So the pickup groups I got into were pretty decent.

And last night, we decided to do an Emperador de Altepa run so that we could get the MNK body seals for Xean, Athoz and Janko. Because i've had Xean sitting on his 9 cards of Ardor to upgrade his MNK AF3 body to the +2 version, i've been pretty vocal about how annoying it is, seeing all these MNKs walking around with their +1 version. Nothing sucks more than being able to get the final upgrade, but needing the items for the first upgrade....

So I was really happy after our successful run last night. And special thanks to Athoz who actually passed on the MNK seals until myself and Janko had gotten our 10. Unfortunately we weren't able to finish getting Athoz his 10 seals, but we're actually about to finish that as I write this... Currently farming Gamayun and being counter camped by a JP group. But thankfully we're now 9/10 on his seals, so i'm sure we'll get the last seal tonight.

The farming itself was long, but the company was entertaining so there wasn't really a boring moment. I was on BLM for the run, and occasionally overnuked as usual... but that is why they evented the atma of apocalypse. For BLMs like me!

At the end of the run, I had finished my RDM body as well. Only I ended up being disappointed when I discovered that until I get it upgraded to the +2 version, its only useful as an idle piece :(

And then there's the whole "RDM isn't useful anymore". At least for Abyssea....

I think the next big goal on Zerayla aside from my polearm trial, will be to upgrade her DRG body +2. But that might be awhile, as I think its better to upgrade the jobs that people are more likely to use during events. And DRG is just my hobby job. I haven't run into a situation where my DRG has been needed yet, as far as abyssea events.

And now that i've been able to complete Xean's MNK AF3 +2 body, i'm psyched. I'll be even more psyched if we walk away with a few Adamantoise Eggs from tonight's KS99 run... because then i'll have his Black Belt! Here's to hoping!

No comments: