Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A week of irritation.

I guess eventually when you find yourself really enjoying something, is when it starts to go downhill. Just when i'm finding myself full of energy, patience and determination for the many goals I am looking forward to completing with friends... things just start to happen to ruin that momentum.

Monday morning I logged into the game, to wait for Hesper and Athoz. We had made plans to work on our Ice Staff trials and get caught up to Carste, who would join us later that night.

However, I had mistakenly misunderstood some previous plans I had made with Vepion, to go kill Yaguarogui, the same morning. I thought my plans with Vepion, were in the afternoon.

Anyways, before I was made aware of this mistake, Hesper had logged in and had some bad news. He had some stuff in RL come up, and wouldn't be able to play. However, he did agree to give me his account information so that I could log him in, and bring him along for the trials so that he would get credit and not fall behind. But about 5 minutes after I had signed into POL on Hesper's account and he had left, the game crashed on me. Because the account had the security token and I had no way of communicating with Hesper, I wasn't able to get back into his account.

So Athoz and myself decided to wait for him to come back, because we didn't want to continue the trials without him. The wait ended up being close to 2-3hrs I think. So that morning we pretty much did nothing.

And in the meantime, I re-arranged my plans with Vepion to do them on Tuesday morning. We decided to go after Blanga instead of Yaguarogui because the seals were more useful.

Then SE ruined our evening plans for monday night, because they decided to do maintenance from 5pm - 3am. And unfortunately Hesper had to go out again so we were only able to complete 1 trial, rather than the two we had planned to finish to get caught up to Carste.

So Tuesday morning rolls around, and I login and wait for Vepion to get online. I see a few shouts go by for stuff I could join, but decide to continue waiting for Vepion.

Finally, about 45 minutes before I have to AFK, Vep logs in and had decided to do some other stuff after his RL plans. I was a little annoyed that there had been no communication prior, because again I felt like another morning had gone to waste.

Luckily though the evening went a little better. Onedarkflame, Hesper, Athoz and Carste logged in and we all finished our Ice staffs. Then we did a low-man Omega and got Buckeyespud the last of his Homam gear he needed.

Then finally there was Dynamis-Xarcabard, and this went well as usual. We beat Dynamis Lord with about 14 ppl, and managed to do a few of our usual "wipe" pulls, without any wipes. We had the cape drop, but no ring :(

And then for the cherry on the cake! This morning my hubby offered to help me in-game, so I decided we'd try to duo Gamayun for some MNK seals. We went out to Abyssea Grauberg on THF + WHM, and found the VNM pop spot easily. We fought him down to about 25%, which is when Janko came out to join. Sadly, we didn't get any MNK seals though Xean did get a THF body seal.

So after that, we fought a few crabs as we waited to find Gamayun again. Only this time another group got him before us. So we waited again.... but the other group got to him first. We decided to try and camp him closer to the bottom of the waterfall where he had spawned the last times, only to see that right as he became available to pop, the other group "msyteriously" was already at the spawn point and had him.

Pretty sure they were using some kind of 3rd party program. =/

I felt really irritated and we decided to just stop at that point. Doesn't make sense to be competing against people that cheat, and have a much better chance at getting claim.

Guess this means that Xean's MNK body is going to have to wait now. We can probably do Emperor de Altepa, however there are a total of 3 MNKs within our LS that are interested in these and with my terrible luck, I just don't feel too optimistic about finishing the body anytime soon. It annoys me even more because i'm sitting on the 9/9 items needed to upgrade to the +2 version....

I really hope things pick up tonight and the rest of the week. I feel like i've lost my momentum because of the last couple of days... random stuff happening that just interferes and messes up what you look forward to doing.

I guess on a good note, i'm finally onto the VNM part of the trials for Xean's empyrial weapons. Glad to finally be done with the lottery NMs... I despise being in-game, doing "nothing".

No comments: